What are landlords responsible for?
When you decide to rent our your Wanaka property you have to consider all the responsibilities you have as a landlord.
Landlords have quite significant responsibilities but we’ve broken it down to a basic list of ten:
- Creating/filling out and signing a tenancy agreement.
- Lodging any bond with Tenancy Services with 23 days and providing a receipt to the tenant.
- Collecting rent and keep good financial records.
- Keep all paperwork organized and up to date in case issues arise.
- Make sure that the provided home is clean, safe and in working order.
Make sure your rental property meets all legal requirements.
- Provide all furnishings, chattels or repairs agreed up in the rental agreement.
- Organize and pay for repairs. Tenant is only responsible for payment if it falls outside of normal wear and tear.
- Complying with all relevant legislation particularly the Residential Tenancies Act and healthy homes standards.
- Stay up to date with all law changes.
If it seems like too much for you to handle, that’s what we’re here for. We are experts at taking care of all the details, so you don’t have to.
If you’d like to find out more about how Manage My House can help you get the best return on your investment with the least stress, to sign up for our monthly newsletter or give us a call today!